Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Reading - Thursday 16 April

Recount:


Jack and the beanstalk                         

Jack lived on a farm with his mother. They were very poor one day his mother told Jack to go to the market to sell the cow. Jack exchanged the cow for magic beans. He went back to his mother's house and showed her the beans. She got very angry and threw them out of the window and into the garden. When they slept through the night Jack woke up because he heard a  noise in the garden. He looked out of the window and he saw a giant beanstalk! He decided to climb up the beanstalk and at the top he saw a castle and a big angry giant. Many of the things in the castle had been stolen from Jack’s family. Jack took back the things and escaped by chopping down the beanstalk. His family now had money. Then they lived a happy life.

Jack and the Beanstalk by John Cech

1 comment:

  1. Hi Louka,

    It was lovely to read your summary of Jack and the Beanstalk. I like how you have retold the story with such great detail. I wonder what you would do, if there was a beanstalk out your window. Do you think you would climb it? Who would you take with you?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post